1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Huggins ain't happy with Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Normally I think Huggins is pretty much a douche, but it's hard to argue with him here.
    How many other non conference teams play each other twice a season? Hardly any, I'd be very confident to guess.

And if I were Marshall, I'd probably watch my mouth a little bit -- there's no particular reason WVU has to play Marshall at all.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This might be the exception that proves your point, Starman...but the only ones I can think of are New Mexico and New Mexico State, who play home-and-homes a week apart each December.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

UCLA and Notre Dame used to play two games a year, but I think they cut it to one about 20 years ago.

Bottom line, it is hardly ever done.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I seem to recall some of the Utah schools having a non-con round robin (BYU/Utah State/Utah) but I cannot find it in this year's schedule.

6. The Big 5 has that triumvirate beat.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But that was between two high profile power programs with each side benefiting from the games ...making it quite different than this.

I can't ever remember a major conference program like WVU playing a mere mid-major in a home and home. Just does not happen. The Marshall coach thoroughly deserved Huggins' ridicule here. Seriously, you're Marshall, you're lucky he plays you at all.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I guess there is a reason people in the known laughed when Marshall made that hire.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'll side with Huggins. Marshall should be happy with one game.

It's nice out here that Tad Boyle schedule the Buffaloes against Wyoming, Colorado State, Northern Colorado and Air Force in the same season. All within one month.

Home-and-home in the same season? No. Not necessary.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Doesn't he schedule Kansas as well?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. To boost the strength of schedule and he also played there.

Draft saved Draft deleted