1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Stove Thread 2014-15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 30, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When a trade like this happens, does the player's new team have any input -- on or off the record -- about how to handle the player? Where he plays....how often he plays.....what position he plays....things like that? Or does the player's current team (San Diego, in this case) have full control and can do whatever the hell it wants?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The kid moved along with Souza is from my hometown, Travis Ott. Not 20 yet, well into the 90s and a 6-4 lefty with a lot of room to pack on some pounds. He could have a nice upside.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In Kemp's case it is a Particularly Egregious Disease.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I would think hip injuries are pretty common for hitters (and golfers) due to the torque and sheer number of repetitions involved in training, practicing and playing.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

My guess would be that it is a gentleman's agreement, since he is still officially a Padre. San Diego would have full control, but they wouldn't want to take any risks with him either and would listen to the Nats' input.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is it Pubis Extension Dysplasia?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Parting of the A's continues ... Derek Norris to Padres, who have suddenly upgraded.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Jesus. Is anyone going to be left to play baseball in Oakland?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

I know some won't like the thought, but isn't that the most likely cause?

Every baseball player would be at the same risk if it was just a case of torque and repetition. But, Arod and Kemp are the most prominent to develop serious hip problems while still relatively young.

Draft saved Draft deleted