1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

$2.89

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Saw it at $2.09 in Central Texas.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Low oil prices are bad for the oil patch because fracking rigs can't make a profit and shut down, and those workers get laid off. That is OPEC's goal all along.

But it's only a temporary one. The glut dries up, prices spike, OPEC makes a killing, the frackers go back to drilling, the glut reappears, prices plunge again. Up and down and up and down. Get ready for this cat-and-mouse game to continue for the next decade.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

From $2.19 to $2.07 in one day. I haven't seen a 12-cent drop in maybe ever.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

We had one area station hit the magical 1.99 on Thursday.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Saw as low as $2.12 on the NC/VA border on SR 86 yesterday. I have a 20-gallon tank and haven't spent more than $40 to fill in weeks, which is nice. I can find something to do with that extra $30-40 a month I'm not spending on fuel.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

$2.03 today, but thanks to the gift-card purchases I said I was going to make earlier, I paid $1.58. I filled the tank for $22 today. In July, the same amount cost $50.

8. NNDman

NNDman Active Member

It's now down to $1.99 at one station 45 miles northeast of Richmond, VA

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Twitter says on the Arkansas/Oklahoma state line, gas had dropped to $1.84 and that might be the cheapest in the country.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Like maybe a lap dance?

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3.09 near LAX. Price seems higher than a few weeks ago, and I probably could have found something cheaper, but this one has a very well kept bathroom. I kind of keep a mental note of good bathrooms, like Costanza. Plus, I am on business.

Draft saved Draft deleted