1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Stove Thread 2014-15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 30, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Didn't Bo Jackson have hip problems? Surely he wasn't on the juice. :)

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Actually it wasn't.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

IT'S REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!!

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jokes are funny. These are lame accusations and trolling disguised as jokes. If you had a clue, you would know that.

5. outofplace

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Pull the stick out of your ass. I know what happened to Bo Jackson.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bo got avascular necrosis. I wonder what causes that?

Over the past decade a number of serious, non-life threatening conditions have been reported in case studies of anabolic steroid users. These serious, non-life threatening conditions include:

A) avascular necrosis of the femoral heads.

http://bit.ly/1v303XO

8. outofplace

Association is not the same thing as causation. If you cared about proper evidence, you would know that.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/avascular-necrosis/basics/definition/con-20025517

Steroid use has been linked to avascular necrosis. It is also associated with "long-term, excessive alcohol intake." It is normally CAUSED when the hip bone is fractured and/or dislocated, and Jackson developed AVN after suffering a dislocated hip.

According to WebMD, steroid use is associated with 35 percent of non-traumatic cases of AVN. I wonder if you can piece together why that brings your theory into question.

As usual, you pass off partial information and guesswork as evidence. Thank you for once again proving my point. You are truly reliable in doing so.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  9. outofplace

No, you have a theory about what happened to Bo Jackson, one that could fit the information available, but also one that clearly is not proven by the evidence. But hey, I can't help it if you recognized that your comment was a lame accusation disguised as a joke. Next time, try to bring a little more funny. That would help.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, this really isn't even about Bo.

It's about the purity of the 2011 National League MVP race.

11. outofplace

In other words, I'm right, so you want to change the topic.

The really funny part is that you might actually be clueless enough to think I'm a Ryan Braun fan. Honestly, I do appreciate how consistent you are in proving me right. It is so kind of you to be so reliable in that regard.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Captain Chuckles is back to lecture everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted