1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

She's pretty tiny I believe. I don't think you would see her at first if you opened the door.

But start a thread on Obamacare and the over under is 500 + page views in less than an hour

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I am not a political animal. That goes without saying for many here.

But I think over-regulation is a real danger on this site. Getting rid of the random images? A quick trigger finger on deleting "questionable" posts? No political talk?

We may not agree with each other all the time. That's part of the fun of it.

And if there's too much policing around here, this board is going to start looking like a ghost town.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The board has already turned into a ghost town, by the looks of it.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've seen a Water Cooler thread absorb most of the political BS from sports and news threads.

I have to admit that it might not work for this site. Requires a bit of civil discourse and respect. Plus, an ability to be thick-skinned and ignore bad behavior like trolling, etc. This community may be too far gone for that, but I would at least like to see the experiment tried one more time.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cut to SJ 2016. The SJ mods wonder where everyone is
    as they await a new thread to moderate.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Wonder if it has more to do with the new software, which I'm learning to like (except for the WHITE!) or the new rules.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie. I've already started checking this site a LOT less since the makeover/takeover.
    I'm still optimistic that this site will rebound as it's a great place to go but, honestly, if I'm going to be heavily told what I can and can not say, and what I can and can not post, I (and I'm sure many others) will just go find a board more to my liking.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's Christmas week. There is no cause for this site to be hopping.
    Tangentially, how does the algorithm for Google Ads work? I have heard mixed reports on this. It's not all about clicks.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I suspect it's the new platform more than anything else.

10. Combination of clicks and page views. Get a lot more for clicks, but who does that?

11. Vombatus

Traffic does seem way down. Not as many new posts, not as much stuff to read.

12. Vombatus

I really like this site. I stumbled upon it shortly after the Penn State Sandusky grand jury findings were released. I lurked for about 8 months, then joined and started posting. I've always taken the politics discussion with a huge grain of salt. Some BS, but I value diverse opinions.

The humor is what kept me coming back. The Random Images thread was one of the best. Now gutted.

I don't mind the new software and format. What concerns me most is continued interesting content by us users.

Draft saved Draft deleted