1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If I understood this correctly, if Cutler is still on the roster by a certain date in March, another $10 million of his contract for 2016 becomes guaranteed. That seems to be one source of the talk of trading him or cutting him loose before next season.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If they want to win, and with Jeffrey, Marshall and Forte all in place, I would not piss all that away on a marginal FA QB or a rookie.

They are in a really shitty position. Really shitty.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

All season I have wondered why the Bears haven't traded Forte. He's still relatively healthy and (on the rare times he gets a hole to run through) is a reliable running back who can help a contending team.

It's time to start loading up on draft picks. Any player worth value should be traded for some, to give the new GM and coach something to build with in 2015.

#Nuke. This. Team.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't envy the Bears. At least the Redskins can go another season with RG3 as a relatively inexpensive (salarywise) backup if they had to.

Schefter had something today about the Bears possibly packaging Cutler and a high pick in exchange for a low pick in kind of an unprecedented move.

"Here, we hate this guy so much, we'll give you a third-rounder to take him off our hands."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Eagles defensive backs are a sorry, sorry lot.

6. Michael_ Gee

Eagle defense has for the third time committed a penalty on a failed down play by Washington to surrender a first down. That team's got bigger problems than Sanchez.

7. Michael_ Gee

Like a kicker gagging away a game, fer instance. As it stands, this would have to be the NFL choke game of the season, although losing a three-point lead in 16 minutes is nothing for Washington.

8. Michael_ Gee

Choking is a team effort.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Did I just hear Kaepernick yell "Obama" at the line of scrimmage?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So the play was a disaster? ;)

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Someone needs to explain the to the 49ers what a legal formation looks like. That's their third flag for illegal formation in the past three series.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or it was to nix an audible.
    You know, if you like your play, you can keep your play?

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted