1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eagles are total boom or bust, but their booms are bigger than the Bills. Still debating it.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My buddy with the undrafted team is in the finals in his league.

The guy he's playing has Manning, Bell and Antonio Brown, so he'll need another crazy performance from Odell Beckham if he's going to win.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Frank Gore is giving me a real shot to the solar plexus here.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And? Don't leave us hanging!

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Having late second thoughts. Asiata or one of the Jets at RB2? It will be Randle if Murray doesn't go, but that doesn't look likely.

6. sostartled

sostartled Member

In the championship this week and not feeling great after leaving a ton of points on the bench. Starting Stafford over Rivers, and sat Morris, DJax, and J Matthews. That's 58 points in my league (25 from Rivers). Also, I hate, hate, hate having one of my players go against my DEF. I'm starting Balt against Houston, but I have Foster. Miami against Min is my other option.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I could understand your trepidation if it was your QB, but you're really overthinking when it's a RB. Ravens against Texans' fourth-stringer is not a matchup to pass up.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Went with the Bills. Eagles scored 6, so hopefully it turns out to be the right call.

Now trying to figure out what's up with Julio Jones and if I need to play Harry Douglas instead.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Jones is active. If I was playing for a title, I'd likely give in and start him. But I'm playing for third. Gonna stick with Hopkins.

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Thoughts on playing DeMarco? Sounds like he's going to give it a go. I'm an idiot and didn't grab Randle as a handcuff, even though our bench-size is ridiculously deep. I think I'm gonna ride Murray. Other options are Isaiah Crowell, Kerwynn Williams or Steven Jackson.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I was underthinking. Hopkins is banged up, too, and he's got a bad QB facing a good defense. Jones returns to my lineup.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If the Cowboys play DeMarco, you have to play DeMarco.
    If I'm ranking those three, I'll go Crowell, Jackson, Williams. I'd ride or die with Murray.

Draft saved Draft deleted