1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Grand Budapest Hotel.
    Really enjoyable. Prolly my favorite Wes Anderson film.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Unbroken' looks bad. I can't put my finger on it, but the trailers look hackey and ham-fisted rather than inspirational.

Is Mark Wahlberg's 'The Gambler' a remake of the Kenny Rogers-Bruce Boxleitner joint?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Gambler is a remake of a 70's movie; not sure who was the star.

Saw "Exodus" this weekend to give my boy and his buddies a taste of a Ten Commandments epic. Not the worst I've ever seen and not stupendous. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Whom do I have to threaten to stop Adam Sandler from making movies.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Apparently, movie theater chains showing Adam Sandler films.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They're acting like this movie was going to be Ben-Hur or something.
    If the little guy from North Korea with the bad haircut saved me from the reliably terrible Seth Rogen then I will be the first to buy him a drink.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

James Caan starred in the original Gambler. Richard Roeper says that original was in his all-time Top 10.

Roeper hates the new one with a passion.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Saw Birdman.

If Michael Keaton doesn't win the Oscar, there is no justice in Hollywood. What a fascinating film, very enjoyable...and go ahead and give Emma Stone best supporting actress Oscar.

I have a few more movies left to see, but for now, Birdman is my fave of 2014.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Keaton was on Kimmel Wednesday night and Kimmel noted that Keaton has already won eight various best-actor awards for this role with nine possible others still out there.

I've always been amazed by Keaton's range. His first big film was Night Shift where he was maniacally funny, but a few years later he did such a fantastic job with Clean and Sober. He's one of my favorite actors ever.

10. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Birdman definitely has Oscar buzz and Keaton will most-assuredly receive a best actor nomination. Bill Murray should as well for St. Vincent. Eddie Redmayne could receive a nomination, too, for The Theory of Everything, but I don't think he'd win. Keaton is definitely the front runner. That said, I have not seen Foxcatcher yet and Steve Carell is apparently amazing in it.
    If I'm hand-picking the Oscar winners, though, Pride wins best picture. Just an incredible movie that totally caught me by surprise when I saw it.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Last time I looked, Boyhood was -600 to win Best Picture.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Top Five. Meh.

Draft saved Draft deleted