1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

He just said it again.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Impressive job of blowing this, SF. Now, SD. Have balls. Go for 2!

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Why was Bubba Ventrone out there for the OT coin toss. Is he a captain? If so, whyyyyyyyyy?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I still think Harbaugh is a good coach, but that's five straight losses, with the latest being embarrassing. I'd think twice about breaking the bank for him.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was out last night and missed the late game, and just checked the box score. Did the Niners run the Wishbone? I'd have bet significant money no NFL team could run for over 300 yards and lose.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They had like 175 at halftime and then Kaepernick's 90-yard run was the rest. That said, if they run that offense the whole year they are probably at least 9-5 or 10-4 right now.

The whole season encapsulated in two plays: Kaepernick throws a 75-yard touchdown pass to Davis for a 35-14 lead, only it's called back because of not one but two penalties. Next play: sack, fumble, Chargers recover in end zone, and it's 28-21 instead of 35-14.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Who the fk wants Jay Cutler?
    He's a known quantity, he's expensive and he's trouble.
    He's like those members of the animal kingdom that emit a stench as a distress signal.
    They should have benched him two months ago when anyone still cared, including the guys on the team.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Giving up extra picks would be dumb even for the Bears. As long as the defense continues to suck, the ONLY chance they have to be competitive next year is with Cutler at QB. You stick a rookie or anyone from next year's shitty free agent class in there and the team will sink even further. The franchise faces a multi year rebuild. It needs as many draft picks as it can get. Sleep in the bed you made one more season and avoid further rash decisions.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That made my morning with a hearty laugh.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not in today's NFL where scoreboards look like pinball machines.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The 2 best NFL Thursday Night football games were played on Saturday.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Packers once again looking very ordinary. Not protecting, not catching passes right in their hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted