1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't the first time the Patriots have looked terrible this season, but they still look better than most. I'd be surprised if any of the other AFC teams beats New England or Denver.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

3. old_tony

Packers-Lions game has been flexed to 3:25 p.m. Central time. With both teams having clinched playoff spots, it makes sense that it is not the night game.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that was a hell of a run by Marshawn Lynch.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Was just going to say that. Not too many people do what he did there. And Wilson's pretty special, too.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seattle looks awfully good right now. This is the first game they've scored more than 24 points since the Giants game back in November, but they did it against a damn good Arizona defense. They haven't allowed more than 24 points since October.

I hope the Seahawks are at Lambeau in a few weeks. That would be the best NFC Championship game we could get.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Bears fan who has spent the past six seasons in the Pacific Northwest, it's fun to watch the Seahawks do well. They've got the talent and the personality ... reminds me of a certain Bears team that once carried two coaches off the Superdome field.

And Rick, you're right about Cutler ... I guess I took a cheap shot in that post, just like the Detroit defender did on Clausen.

But I also know you understand why fans despise him. Cutler's a talented robot, but so was Al Gore. In the end, both were annoying losers.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that the Seahawks' combination of toughness and attitude reminds me of the '85 Bears.

9. old_tony

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Collinsworth after Lynch's 79-yard run:
    "I don't care if he ever talks to the media. Watching that guy play is remarkable."

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Post-Gazette says Bengals-Steelers has been moved to Sunday night/NBC.

Draft saved Draft deleted