1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm down 7.5 with my Thomases against his Sanders in a high-scoring league. Intellectually, I know I'm in the driver's seat, but I don't feel good about it.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You really can't ever relax when you know someone could go for 40+ points and beat you. Thanks to that 79-yard TD burst by Lynch just now, I hold a 22-point lead over my opponent for third-place money. Might not be enough, but I'll be rooting against Sanders with you, BC.

I'd love if tomorrow's game is 7-6. That kind of game is the best hope I have to win my 12-team league and preserve third in my 10-team.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

My chance at a title comes down to Mohamed Sanu (me) vs Jeremy Hill. I am down 1.2 points here as the fourth quarter starts in Arizona and I have Wilson playing, my opponent no one.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sanu boned me last week in my 10-teamer. Hope he does better for you this week. I benched him for Mike Wallace.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well thanks to the late Wilson TD, I am now up 6.54 points. So as long as they even out pointwise, I'm good. I figured I'd go into Monday behind.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've got to figure out which teams are coasting next week and not playing their starters much.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bad week -- I chose Bennett over Witten at TE, which is going to cost me the finals.

Bell, Foster and DeMarco all had good games but not outstanding ones and the Bills D was terrible. So while my opponent didn't have a great week either, I am up 2 with the Broncos kicker against D. Thomas.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Too early to start my Week 17 question?
    We pick two guys from our roster, whatever twosome scores the most wins a $120 pot.
    Here are guys I'm considering
    QB: Brees
    WR: Sammy Watkins (vs. NE that gives up a lot of yardage; Revis factor in play); Jordan Mathews (meaningless garbage time game against a bad Giants D); DeSean Jackson (king of meaningless games); Charles Johnson (vs. really bad Bears D)
    RB: Fred Jackson (half point per reception in the league)
    TE: Jimmy Graham

Instinct says Brees and Graham vs. the Bucs. If Brees had a big game, I'm assuming it will involve Graham and against Tampa I don't think I should overthink it.

9. Big Circus

Brees and Graham for sure. You're trying to get the highest score, not play it safe. That's your most obvious path there.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

That's the only way you can go. Brees cares about his stats more than most QBs and Payton lets him play a lot (and throw a lot) even in garbage time.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Good luck counting on Brees.

12. Big Circus

Sunshine, you're not wrong, but don't you pretty much have to start your QB under those rules?

Draft saved Draft deleted