1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know my traffic is down because every time I notice that a thread has several pages of new responses, I now figure by default that it's because the same four or five people are revisiting the same argument for the 47th time, with the same insults, the same stupid jokes, the same old references. It used to be that if the baseball thread had a page or two of new responses, I'd figure someone threw a no-hitter or hit four home runs. Now? I just figure it's OOP and 3OF flaming each other. And it always is.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm stunned that you didn't like the original characterization.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Spot on. If you don't like the conversation start your own. You should not feel locked into existing threads. Ownership would
    probably appreciate the effort since you are providing more content and likely more page views.

4. Traffic is down because there is only so much one can consume from the incurious. Plus, this site has never have seen a complainer step up and post what people want to read in a sustainable manner (e.g. Longform University).

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Wrong, small man.
    There used to be a peer pressure to post well here. That no longer exists.
    And I'll put my baseball and NFL knowledge up against yours any day. Try me.
    Some of us used to debate the news of the game, not use that "running" thread as a Twitter feed.

6. jr/shotglass

You do have considerable knowledge in quite a few areas. I don't think that's ever been argued, though you do seem to have a complex about it. I've seen you take that "I know more than you; try me" stance at least five times.

You just fall down the rabbit hole too easily and too often. As do I. And oop rings your bell.

P.S. "small man" is only used by ... small men.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

When you get jumped by every little orc on this site for two years, you get touchy.
    Just do us both a favor and put me on ignore. OK?
    There are plenty of folks here I get on with.
    Well, those who haven't bailed since the relaunch, anyway.

8. jr/shotglass

No, I'm not putting you on ignore. It's a poor man's way to navigate the board. Don't look for battles and you won't have to claim a head count on people you "get on with." (In other words, your insecurities are showing this fine morning.)

9. 3_Octave_Fart

It is an ideal means of problem-solving for grown adults who complain to other grown adults (with badges) about the behavior of others on a message board.
    Maybe if you ask sweetly the moderators will even wipe your rear end at the end of the day, sometime after you get burped.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

And it is a fine morning, too much so to argue with you on this dying forum.
    Have a Happy Christmas. If I have a spare moment, I'll bring you some figgy pudding later in the week.

11. jr/shotglass

Heh. That's pretty good coming from the only one here who, less than week ago, announced every time he was "reporting" on someone. I don't need to report you. You can easily be dealt with in public.

Don't be stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted