1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You really shouldn't put icing on the result of your morning.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't responded to anything posted by the board member I am not supposed to name since Moddy asked us to ignore one another, so you got the bit about including my participation wrong, at least in that time frame.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, you're right. I was way off there.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just stop. Jesus. I can't imagine any of you snipe this much in 'real life.'

5. jr/shotglass

Of course we don't. And you're not comparing this with real life, I'm sure.

6. We don't get told not to discuss politics, or what pictures are appropriate for us to view in real life, either.

Versatile and Riptide like this.
  7. jr/shotglass

There ya go, Moddy. You're responsible for Walter and I agreeing on something right there.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jesus. Nice of you guys to provide the new owner a snapshot of the dysfunction that's bringing down this place.

Versatile and Moderator1 like this.
  9. Moderator1

That's my annual contribution right there! Happy holidays and here's to a great new year.

And ol' Walter, you get told various rules depending upon where you are in real life. Here? No politics and obey the owner's rules on pictures. Movie theater? Don't smoke. Don't talk while the picture is playing. Every place has its rules.

10. Moderator1

Truer words have perhaps never been spoken.

Jeff could come aboard, make lots of great changes, be involved ownership and declare the sky is blue and some would argue that point with him.

cranberry likes this.
  11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But I would respectively submit that some of "sky is blue " debates are what engaged the board membership. Yes sometimes those debates got out
    of hand but overall debate is really the lifeblood of the board in my mind.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

WE WOULD NOT!!!!!11!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted