1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Certainly. I'm just bitter because I had Brees in three of my four leagues and missed the playoffs in all three. My Rivers-Cutler combo worked much better than having a maddeningly inconsistent Brees.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

So, is it safe to say he was a player you were targeting at draft time?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yes. Should have mixed it up. Actually traded Brady for him after three weeks in my main league. That one hurt.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm in two championship games and both are coming down to tonight.

In one, I'm down by 17 points. My opponent is done. I have A.J. Green and C.J. Anderson going tonight.

In the other, I'm down by four. I have Anderson and Jeremy Hill, my opponent has A.J. Green.

I'm reasonably confident I can win both, but quite nervous because everyone has to perform, and as I found out (for the millionth time) yesterday, they don't always do that. Thank goodness for Odell Beckham, who kept both teams within striking distance.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You should be fine.

If there was a fantasy MVP, it's gotta be Odell Beckham, right? I feel like he's the main reason a lot of teams in my leagues won or did much better than expected.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Beckham, Murray or Antonio Brown

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Mike Wallace tore up the NE defense recently. I could see Watkins doing the same.

8. bigpern23

4-point lead for 3rd place and my opponent has Sanders.

31-point lead for the title in my other league, going against Dalton and AJ Green.

Agita all around. On the plus side, they've already hit the over, so I'm good on that one.

9. bigpern23

Two minutes to go and I feel confident saying I won my 12-team league. Up 30 and the pressure is off. Woot, woot!

(lost the 3rd place game in my 10-teamer. Oh well)

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The team with Jeremy Hill has already won easily.

The A.J. Green team, I've been sweating it all night. I had just given up when Anderson went for 20 yards just before the two-minute warning. I'm now 0.22 points behind -- 3 more yards from Anderson and I win.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Pant-pant-pant. ;)

First league title since ... 1988.

Draft saved Draft deleted