1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I agree, Moddy. But, on the flipside, I guess there is something to be said for getting out all the dirty laundry early, let Jeff see what he has gotten into, what kind of poo, and who the poo-flingers are. Then he can keep a special eye on them.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Or call his bank and say, "heeyyyyyyy, you know that check I wrote to Outclick media?? Can we stop the payment?"

Naw, seriously, I get the idea from my conversations with Jeff he's very familiar with online forums and those who populate them. That he's willing to spend some money on this joint and be involved tells me all I need to know, even if I didn't agree with him on things. But I do. He has the right idea and haters gonna hate no matter what.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Site traffic may be down, but the Announcements board has never been hotter!

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now I'm responsible for the hospice state this board now languishes under? I wasn't even here for a week, guy.
    Crying to moderators, gnashing your teeth about the state of a board- the Internet ain't a place to show this sort of weakness.
    You either pick up your weapons and engage or you are nothing more than bacon on the plate.
    If you follow the train of discussion, you will see we were discussing web commerce before the real trolls attacked.
    I return respect with respect, impudence with impudence.
    Merry Christmas to you all.

5. Vombatus

I think, instead of all this negative stuff (I was going to say bullshit, but it's the Christmas season), anyway, why don't we post some links to some of sj.com's best ever threads so that Jeff can learn more about the site, its characters, and some of the really funny things that have gone down here?

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Vombatus

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Then this IS a State of the Board Thread.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't out.

Should be the lone rule here.

Versatile and jr/shotglass like this.
  9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Red Auerbach on rules:
    "We like our players to play for fun and to be happy rather than afraid. It’s like that in any business. If you have employees who work through fear, you’re not going to get any ingenuity out of them. You’re not going to get any employees who will take a gamble or come up with ideas. All you’ll have are robots that are going to do their jobs, have a low-key approach, stay out of trouble. They’ll put in their hours and go home. But I’d rather have it the other way."

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You catch more flies with honey. I don't think that lesson has been absorbed.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights," as somebody once put it.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I think the problem is this board doesn't know what it wants to be. If this is supposed to be a serious place with serious posters and serious discussions, you can't restrict the free flow of information by limiting what we can and can not talk about and can and can not post.
    On the other hand, if you want it to be taken seriously, you need a professional level of decorum the likes of which the internet has never seen or some of the more intelligent and rational people who frequent this place won't stay long.
    That's why I always felt having the politics child board was really the best of both worlds. I'm not going to say Jeff should check out the clone to this place to see how they run their politics site but I think they have the right idea. A separate section of the site, where you can discuss those matters, and make sure it stays in there and nowhere else.
    All I know is that if I can't come to this place to see pictures of girls who are 6s, then I don't know what the point is. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    old_tony, Vombatus and JC like this.
  12. Vombatus

Draft saved Draft deleted