1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Agree. There are only a handful of guys you can get that much in trade for. Eli was one of those guys and they had to make that trade.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

George Blanda by 17 miles over Trent Green.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes, but Al Gore has an Oscar.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Ray McDonald sexual-assault case takes shape -- victim was drinking at a bar, feeling dizzy, went home with Ray, hit her head outside, woke up naked in his bed the next morning and he told her she just slept it off, then he told her they had sex, she stayed at the house and drank with him and Aldon Smith that night, then went to hospital the next day. Basically like a lot of your college sexual-assault cases.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...onald-new-details-emerge-about-alleged-sexual

Biggest concern here for the 49ers is Smith's name showing up. He's on probation for his DUI and he's supposed to be clean and sober after his highly publicized stint in rehab.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Actually, and on a technicality, I don't think Al Gore has an Oscar. I have to look it up. If I recall correctly, the movie won Best Documentary, and like the internet invention, Al claims he got an Oscar. Just because he starred in it doesn't mean he gets the Best Documentary Oscar. I would suspect a director/producer/studio does.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

OK, then he has the Nobel Peace Prize.

And Al Gore never actually said he invented the Internet.

Actually, I'm not sure he ever claimed to have won an Oscar, either.

Geez, it was just supposed to be a funny line...

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wasn't Gore a producer of that film?

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not fond of Al Gore. If he had won his favorite son home state of Tennessee, Florida would not have mattered. And all that hanging chad shit would have flown out the window. Oops, sorry, no politics.

How bout those Titans?

9. Michael_ Gee

Back to the games, but the call on Thomas there didn't seem justified. It's only a matter of time before the expansion of NFL rules on pass plays leads to a ref throwing a game. Nobody knows what the standards are. Money flows downhill. God knows Goodell will cover it up.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he got the facemask right at the start of the play. Right as he was coming off the line of scrimmage.

11. Michael_ Gee

Look at that call and tell me it's not a bag job.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Damnit 4th and 5 in no man's land? Go for it!

Draft saved Draft deleted