1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Gronkowski should get some MVP consideration. Brady's an all-timer, but the only chance he has to win another title is with a healthy Gronk. The Patriots certainly can win without Gronk, but they are not a championship-level team without him.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Ryan Lindley Era ends -- Cardinals turn to Logan Thomas.

They're going to end up in a playoff game against Atlanta or Carolina with a fourth-string quarterback.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You really can't. Have you watched their games? Look at their losses. SF was opening day, when the 49ers still thought they were the best team in football, and so did a lot of us. Since then, he was out for the Arizona loss, out & compromised for the Washington loss - there's no way they lose that game if he's healthy. The Eagles game is the only one they lost where he was just bad. I'd rather go into a game with him minus Bryant AND Murray than without him.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

And in that game, Romo wasn't close to 100 percent because of the short week. He usually doesn't even practice until Thursday each week to let his injured back recover from the previous game. That week, he had to play a game on Thursday. It was very apparent he wasn't himself.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm watching the fourth quarter of the Monday night game. How the hell are there seven pages on the Week 17 thread already?? :D

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ask OOP.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm busy figuring out what I want to make the first post in the playoff thread, which I'll be starting any minute now. Why wait for Week 17?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You guys pile on, but 90% were calling for Denver in a walk last year.

The other 90% said Wilson as too short.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And where are all the Manning will lead Denver to a Super Bowl people this morning? All the he's great in any season people?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He had a terrible game. A terrible game must mean he's all washed up, like Rodgers' game against Buffalo did.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's laughable, the Bronco's were whopping 2 point favourite. You are completely changing the reality of what happened last year and portraying the Seahawks as some cinderella upset story. They were the best team in football, largely done without your boy Harvin.

Draft saved Draft deleted