1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Little OOP tonight. She's been wanting to see it for a while. Pretty much what you would expect. Some funny stuff, some interesting action shots and plenty of fight scenes where you can't see what is going on. Little OOP liked it, but very skippable for any adult.

We're watching Guardians of the Galaxy as a family tomorrow. I've seen it. They have not, though Little OOP already loves Groot from clips she's seen online.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Saw "The Gambler" tonight.
    Fairly predictable plot.
    Really good dialog.
    Wahlberg gets the shit kicked out of him and I would have wanted to take a couple of swings at him myself for him being a d-bag.
    Didn't need so much of a shirtless John Goodman. If you hear in the news that he keels over and dies, don't be surprised.

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Last night - Wild
    Today - Foxcatcher

Both were excellent

HC likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Into The Woods. It's Sondheim how can it be bad and it isn't

HC likes this.
  5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Saw Theory of Everything tonight. Very good movie. Liked it a lot.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Dead Poets Society last night on Showtime. First time I had seen it in forever. Doesn't hold up as well as I thought it would, but it's very interesting seeing a bunch of the younger actors who went on to become full-fledged adult actors.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Into The Woods with Mrs. Novelist and little Ms. Noveliste last night. I'd not seen the full-fledge play, though my daughter was in the junior version (which leaves out a lot to qualify as fit for younger audiences). The movie is brilliant. Extremely well done adaptation from stage musical to screen.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The Interview on Christmas Eve. Has its moments. Didn't hate it. Might be one of my favorite Franco roles. In the end, I kind of hope all of this hoopla results in more direct release for users and movies. I love going to the movies, but hot damn is it expensive these days.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

What did you pay to see it?

Someone said it was on YouTube for free. I didn't check, but I assume that was wrong.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

$5.99 for a 24 hour rental via xbox video. I could have probably torrented it, but it was pretty cheap to just rent.
    Pretty sure it's on YouTube for $6 as well.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

We watched Once last night. I love that film. So simple. We went to Ireland this fall and a couple weeks after we returned we saw the musical which I would strongly recommend. For my money Once is on a very short list of the best romantic films ever made.

Draft saved Draft deleted