1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep in the year 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I talked myself out of saying Pinto.

Seriously thought about Blue Bayou, partly because I had a crush on Linda Ronstadt when I was younger and the old Sportscenter line about a Linda Ronstatdt Fastball. . . Blue Bayou.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First time I heard that saying re: sports was Tim McCarver in one of the '80s World Series.

Sometime to the effect, (insert pitcher) loved Linda Ronstadt because that fastball "blue by you" har har har. Derp.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

1. Pain
    2. Pandora
    3. Suite Judy Blue Eyes (completely forgot about Blue Suede Shoes)
    4. Jack. Nicholson
    5. Gremlin (was debating between this and Pinto and went the wrong way)
    6. Springsteen
    7. Olive
    8. Parks & Recreation
    9. Selma (went through the Oscar thread too quickly, thought this one was getting the most SJ love)
    10. Seahawks

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looks like we'll have a lot of answers for No. 1.

And I can't believe I forgot about "Blue Suede Shoes" ... and put "Blue Christmas" instead.

Massive Sheep fail.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Other than #1, I'm seeing a lot of familiar answers. I went with heart attack for #1.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I need to lie down. Week 2 is giving me a headache.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Alcohol, my friend Rip, alcohol. It soothes your sheep troubles.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but I think we've had the Jack question before. Have a nagging memory of being pissed because one of the top answers (if not THE top) was "Jack Kennedy."

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, in the defense of "fibromyalgia"... it struck me as one of those nebulous illnesses with vague symptoms and no real diagnosis that they LOVE. Cancer? Heart attack? There's a definite diagnosis, it's not something you can milk forever to get sympathy if you don't really suffer from it.

Oh, well.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Oh boy. I've been out of the game too long. I'll keep the cellar nice and tidy.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I had to fill my answers out on my iPad in a parking lot on Friday night. I will have two one pointers, for sure, and will definitely need this to be a drop week.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For No. 1 I went with the symptom ("this pain in my <fill in body part> - could it be a tumor, could it be cancer, could it be something else") instead of going with the potential diagnosis they were seeking.

Draft saved Draft deleted