1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Well there's one Wrestlemania match I don't give a crap about.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Geezer triple threat at Wrestlemania: Triple H vs. Rock vs. Sting?
    I might could actually get behind that.
    Reigns-Lesnar, not so much.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It was "We want Rusev."

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not going to happen, obviously, but it would've been tremendous if Reigns left the ring by flopping over the top rope, then Axel comes down the ramp, gets in the ring, and is declared the winner.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Cena vs. Rusev at WM, based on Fallout just now.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bad move, Rusev, interrupting Cena's interview time. Your undefeated streak won't last until Tuesday.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And the post-Rumble interview is just the Rock overshadowing Reigns. Yeah, he's ready for the WM main event.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought they did both.

9. Baron Scicluna

Yay, SuperCena ends Rusev's streak.

Crissakes, can't they book anything unique?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What's "The E?"

I don't follow WWE like I used to, but I watched tonight. God awful. I'll be back for WM.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Boo-tista or Reigns? Which was the bigger debacle?
    And how much money did Brock Lesnar make tonight to perhaps extend his run a few more months?

Luckily, they still have a few options. The Daniel Bryan card is on the table, of course. And there's the Elimination Chamber to get through. They could have Lesnar lose the belt there somehow to set him up with Undertaker, and reshuffle the deck completely.
    Rollins is also in play. A Rollins-Reigns title match at Mania, with the Shield issue lingering, might be worthwhile. Throw Ambrose in the middle of it to settle that Shield breakup feud once and for all, and you could have a hell of a match with a way out of this mess. Maybe even a fatal four-way with those three and Bryan?
    If there's one thing we learned from last year's Rumble, it's that WWE will shift gears if the overwhelmingly negative fan response warrants it. They're not deaf. They can see the writing on the wall. Reigns will get some time to salvage this, but they'll also figure something out if it's obvious the plane isn't coming out of the dive.

12. Baron Scicluna

Shorthand for WWE.

Draft saved Draft deleted