1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2014-15 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 13, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I bet you they wish they traded him for Love.

Man the Warriors are fun to watch.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Their margin of victory, if they maintain it for the season, would be the fourth-highest in NBA history. The top three are the 71-72 Lakers, the 70-71 Bucks and the 95-96 Bulls.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I happened to have that game on in my other tuner (free League Pass this week) so I went back and watched the whole quarter. Never, ever seen anything like it. Saved it to my DVR.

His last two points came on free throws. After he was fouled, he threw up a 24-footer that went in.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Klay's dad was on the court for the Lakers when Sleepy did his thing in '87.

5. old_tony

Coming off a 24-point, 21-assist performance, Brandon Jennings suffers what appears to be a torn Achilles tendon tonight in Milwaukee.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Never knew Walton and Chambers played together.

7. old_tony

A young Joey Crawford with a full head of hair!

Songbird likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So fortunate to be able to share this team with my boys. Yeah they're front-runners but its great to have them watching the games with me. Klay's game was ridiculous; the beauty of it was the Warriors really needed it; they were tied with the Kings in the 3rd and he just went off.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Boy it's rare that teams find a gift like Hassan Whiteside. Yesterday's stat line:
    14 points, 13 points, 12 blocks

The guy was working out in a Y 3 months ago. You just don't find big men like that.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A young (or even middle aged) Chick Hearn was just so good. And look at the pace of the game, wow. Fuck you, Pat Riley, fuck you 1000 times, for what you brought to the league when you coached the Knicks.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To see the young Chick Hearn, sometimes the Big 10 Network reruns films such as "Football Highlights of 1957," and Chick is the narrator. He started in Minneapolis.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted