1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard of '15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 25, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

That would be the best.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think it's more the media than the actual people there.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's both, in my experience. Not everyone, of course, but enough to make it unbearable sometimes. This is an oldie, but a goodie:

[​IMG]

JackReacher likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Weather Channel - which used to be good at this shit - has been insufferable. They have 10 morons stationed up and down I-95 to stand in snow and tell us it's snowing.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You could add another panel to that cartoon with the headline: EBOLA!!!

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, nothing a little duct tape won't cure.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Clearly a fluid situation, if traveling call ahead to your airlines. ETC,ETC

Huggy likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, a lot of fluid.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Trail Blazers at Nets and Kings at Knicks both postponed.

The Kings-Knicks makeup manages to pair up with an eastern road trip, but the Blazers will fly cross country for a single game in between two home games.

Sacramento does have to go from NY to San Antonio before going back east to Miami and Orlando. NY to SA is no short flight, but it's not like the days of teams flying commercial, either.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry for those who feel Northeasterners are "drama queens," but 20-30 inches of snow and 40-60 mph winds are going to have a significant effect on the lives and businesses of about 25 million people in the Northeast.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If only JUST ONCE a reporter was electrocuted from being made to stand in the surf during a storm, that would be the end of that. Oh, and the same goes for Buzzfeed writers spilling Mountain Dew on their keyboards.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, during hurricanes, I have been waiting for a TV weather reporter to get hit by flying debris while doing a live shot. Or swept into the ocean. So far, Al Roker is still alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted