1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Been meaning to watch that. Having lived about 5 miles from that place for a couple years, I feel kinda obligated. Is it on Netflix?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Imitation Game'
    I thought it was alright. Could've been much better.
    Wife did not like it at all.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've now seen 'Grand Budapest Hotel,' 'Boyhood, 'The Theory of Everything' and 'The Imitation Game.'

'Grand Budapest Hotel' is easily the best of the lot but not even close to Anderson's best work.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

American Sniper, as noted elsewhere and Nymphmaniac Vol. 1 and, doubling down, Vol. 2.

Both were on Netflix.

1 was a better movie and 2 was a bit of a mess. 2 has a scene though. Wowsers. Let's just call it the reality of a threesome.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I recorded August: Osage County a while back and finally watched it the other day. Very powerful stuff. And man, can Meryl Streep act.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That Meryl Streep - she's such a phone baloney.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"Nine Songs." Interesting premise, but the story might have been better served if the sex had not been so explicit. Never thought I would say such a thing.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Ex Machina. Saw it last week. Oscar Isaac (as well as the other two stars of the film) gives a great performance in a paint-by-numbers AI-goes-nasty "thriller,"

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Watched "Gone Girl" last night and really enjoyed it. Fincher is just so damn good. Neil Patrick Harris was surprisingly bad, but he didn't take away from the film too much.

Without saying too much, the ending made me want to pull my hair out.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Award winning film nominee; young widow, Noriko/Ryoko Asagi, lives with her senile father-in-law, Shukichi, on a farm. He believes his favorite cow, long gone, is still alive. Noriko pretends to be the cow and lets him milk her - a satisfying arrangement for them both. A most unusually themed 'pink' movie wherein, Ryoko Asagi puts in a great performance as she successfully convinces us that she covers for her father-in-law's long lost cow. There are wonderfully erotic sequences and some wry humour but essentially this is a movie centred around the increasing senility of the ageing small holding owner, whose son has died and his wife played by Ryoko, has hung on in there. There is some fine cinematography, illuminating the rural scenes but this is never seeming to end gloriously and indeed in the end there is much pathos and a real sense of loss and generosity of spirit. One more film that surely could ONLY have been made in Japan."

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I just fainted. She lets him milk her? What is the title of this movie?

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The West is so ignorant of what's going on in the rest of the world.
    I'd bet my dick the average high school student couldn't locate the Baltic States on a map.

Home

Draft saved Draft deleted