1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard of '15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Starting to get windy here in the western Boston burbs. Snow still just regular volume snow. I could easily shovel walk, if I were idiot enough to go outdoors.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So far storm not living up to the billing. The weatherman seem a bit disappointed.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Forecast now less than a foot here.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

On CNN, Don Lemon has been riding up and down the streets in Manhattan. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been wearing a seatbelt.

Not much snow here as of 11 pm. I guess we'll get some more overnight but accumulation won't be close to the 2-3 feet the TV was warning us about this afternoon.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It is getting noisy outside right now. This is my first winter in the woods and I do not like the sounds I'm hearing. Hoping if we lose power, I'll be sound asleep. Or not?

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Eastern Long Island was hit pretty hard but not even a foot of snow here in Westchester. Plows have already made a couple of passes in my neighborhood, too. If Metro-north was running I could easily get to work. Just your run-of-the-mill Nor'easter for most of NY best I can tell.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm in Rhode Island, and originally, the projections were as high as 24 to 36 inches. While the storm is projected to go until Wednesday morning, thankfully, it doesn't seem like it's going to be that bad. "Thanks" to drifts and winds, my car actually has no snow on it, but I'll still have to dig out because there are piles of snow around it. Also, the wind is still a huge concern, and I'm worried about losing power, so I basically woke up way too early today to make sure I was able to file on time for work.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Non event

10. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My grass is almost completely covered! And, it's all the local news stations can talk about. #neverforget

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3.5 inches in my part of Union County, NJ. That is only 1/5 the estimate yesterday morning and 1/3 of what they predicted when I went to sleep last night. I will take it.

Draft saved Draft deleted