1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deflategate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 19, 2015.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

Perhaps Carnac the Magnificent can tell us what's on them.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I was born in Seattle and generally root for the Seahawks unless the Falcons are involved. That being said, I really hope the Patriots win just to see the CHEATERS uproar that would take place. As I said earlier, I just want to watch the sports world burn.

Also this:

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Deadspin had some college professor say the math was bad. I'm not taking sides because I read both pieces and couldn't make sense of why one made sense and the other didn't. I love the idea of advanced metrics, but reading it is far too complicated for me.
    Why Those Statistics About The Patriots' Fumbles Are Mostly Junk

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Dr. Q is spreading out to other sites?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not taking sides, yet you are posting the word of "some college professor" for what reason exactly?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're not taking sides at all Rhody, you've been completely balanced and rational about this.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Rhody31

Because if I just posted a Deadspin leak the response would be "You can't believe anyone from Deadspin."
    JC - If you could kindly explain what the first story says and why the response says it's wrong, that'd be great. I don't understand either.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

"I'm not taking sides" proves you indeed live in a fantasy land.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please tell us why you posted a story that you do not understand.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of comments below the Deflategate stories online, and I have been rather surprised at the number of Pats fans who say they are embarrassed, some going to the point of whether they can continue to root for and support them.

It was actually refreshing to see that there are a few sane Pats fans.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, totally didn't notice that the original link was using fumbles lost instead of fumbles. That's just illogical and would have been enough for me not to post it had I noticed.

12. Rhody31

Because one story was posted stating "this math says this;" another story was posted saying "that math isn't right."
    I don't understand which one I should side on, so I was hoping someone could break it down.

Draft saved Draft deleted