1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What (or who) are you tired of?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 6, 2015.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, when I see Gary Busey on TV, it always kind of makes me sad when a guy who was once a great actor is reduced to being a crazy guy for money. A buck is a buck, but can you "appreciate" what he does now, knowing that it is caused by brain damage he suffered in a motorcycle wreck?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There was a story once about Sparky Anderson and an umpire in a similar vein.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

People who say hot water heater. I have as much need for one as I have for a cold water cooler.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Yonkers.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Vombatus

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Here's one many of us can relate to (or several if you don't want them all lumped together):

* Statisticians at high school basketball games.
    Many don't bother putting the first name of opposing players, making me search high and low for a roster;
    many write in fucking cursive, and/or write so light that it doesn't show up on a fax/PDF;
    many I have to add the totals myself, because they're too lazy to complete it, which I guess is OK, since ...
    I have seen VERY few this season where the totals actually added up;
    sometimes, the score is just plain wrong (the quarters add up, the FG and FT add up, the points add up, but the fucking score is wrong;
    some idiots put the number of points scored in the FG boxes (i.e., 6 3 2 0 9 for a nine-point game, instead of 3 1 2 0 9);
    some don't bother marking the quarters when players enter, rendering my "off the bench" and "bench points" lines useless.

I'm getting tired. Think I'll go home now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You haven't lived until someone calls in a game with "Jennifer" and "No. 4" as players.

Joe Williams likes this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People who say "Yeah, no" before answering a question or saying whatever they're going to say. Listening to a radio interview with the NY Mag writer who profiled Brady, and he's done it roughly 843 times so far.

What color is the sky?
    Yeah, no, well, most times, the sky is blue, but it can be other colors, too.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Not so much tired of it, but my opinion of a person plummets when they say, "I could care less."

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It gets worse when you do get first names, and the team has players named Kaitlynn, Caitlin, Katelyn, Kaitlyn, Catelynn and Katelynn.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

" I know, right?"

Ummm...yeah, I just said it.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kate-Lynn and Kate Lynn want to know why they're left out.

Draft saved Draft deleted