1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Boing!

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I like the casting of Turner. She looks the part and can act for sure. Will be cool seeing her in another role.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

For the love that is all good in the world, please give Cyclops the justice he deserves in this film.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the studio is starting to look at ways to keep things going without Hugh Jackman, which could help in that regard. Pushing Wolverine more and more to the forefront is a big part of why they screwed Cyclops up in the first three movies. He was pretty much reduced to the boring boyfriend trying to hold on to Jean, then mourning her. In other words, the about a million miles from the comic book character, especially what he has become over the last decade or so.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. outofplace

First trailer for the Fantastic Four reboot. I have very low expectations for this one and it is little more than a trailer, but I have to admit, I like what I see so far.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's a good trailer, no doubt. Anything will be better than the first one, though.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

After hearing all the horror stories about this movie being "Chronicle 2" and how they're portraying Doctor Doom, I was prepared to hate this trailer. I didn't. Kinda dug it. Not going to rush out to see it, but looks like it could be a decent re-imagining of the FF.

BTW, in one scene that's shown, you can see the IP address 23.21.190.125. Put that in your browser and hit enter a few times. Neat little Easter egg.

8. bigpern23

That's pretty fun. I think I still have that issue of Doom 1999 lying around somewhere.

I haven't kept up on the film at all, so I had no preconceived notions going in. Wonder if the "Chronicle 2" criticism has anything to do with Michael B. Jordan being featured.

Jamie Bell seems like odd casting for Ben Grimm, particularly from a physical standpoint, but I like him in general.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait five years until they start the Fantastic Four from scratch again.

10. outofplace

Can't say I'm impressed at all with what I've heard about their concept for Doom. That was one of the major problems in the first two movies. They screwed up an outstanding villain.

11. bigpern23

Doom is one of the best Marvel villains.

12. outofplace

Agreed, which is why the two movies pissed so many people off. Why mess with such a great character? It sounds like this version is going to be even further from classic Doom.

That is one thing the X-Men movies did better. They had the sense to stay mostly true to the character in the younger and older versions of Magneto, another outstanding villain.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted