1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl party snacks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 27, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The Bunker charged the same for a shot of Wild Turkey as they did for a Manhattan?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I might do some mini spring rolls, too. They're super easy. Sweat some bagged cole slaw in a skillet and place it in a pastry sheet cut to fit. Then fry it in the same skillet.

JackReacher likes this.
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Like where your head's at, TBF.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, in terms of a business it was one of the worst-run places I've ever seen.

In terms of a bar, it was my favorite place on earth from the ages of about 22 to 27.

It changed hands several times, and is now very successfully run by some folks who several successful restaurants and bars around South Jersey.
    It's now crowded, and it's no longer a dump.

But when I go back to visit, I miss it the way it was when I was a young drunk.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It's worth it.

Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Super Bowl, birthday...whatever (Just don't make it for every one of those dates, you may die of fat intake. LOL)

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Would also go well in the bedroom. Maybe a little messier than pastrami, but what the hell, it's bacon!

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Deep-fried lasagna? Seriously? That sounds like a major clean-up effort.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're referring to the videos above, which I don't have access to here at work. But I heard of the deep fried lasagna on the radio the other day. The guy said he made the lasagna the day before, let it cool overnight, then cut it into squares, bread it, deep fry it. And eat the balls off it. Doesn't sound unappealing!

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Meatball Parm, you taste so good
    [​IMG]

heyabbott and JackReacher like this.
  10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here's a thread of his from 2012: Mustang's Super Bowl Creation | SportsJournalists.com

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

heyabbott,

Berger's are great. I've been giving them as Secret Santa bonus gifts the past few years (in addition to shirts, etc.).

Your menu is awesome, including the Smith Island Cake. I'm in Central MD. If you are looking to adopt anyone, even just for Super Bowl day, please let me know.

VB

Draft saved Draft deleted