1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mitt running for president again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly right. I also think she will ultimately leave the public arena with lots of money and regrets.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

‘The Man,’ can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then The Man can’t ride ya.”

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't know how many regrets she can have. She was plucked from obscurity and while she's never going to hold elected office again, she'll be making a fortune off books, TV, speeches probably for the next decade. Honestly, the worst thing she could do for her own brand at this point would be to actually run for something, because she'd be crushed.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think she'll regret -- and should -- the drawing of her children into an unflattering spotlight. Some of it at first wasn't necessarily her fault, but as the months/years went by ...

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think she'll regret embracing her life as a punchline when she could have tried to fight against it, though I can imagine her seeing someone like Quayle, who was treated so unfairly and tried to fight it but couldn't as a cautionary tale. Still, as you said, I think there was a time when she was a serious person who cared and had real talent in her chosen arena, and the threw that away for celebrity and cash. That's at least a little sad.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I tend to think she was a serious person, at least for a little bit. As one of the weirdos, who went through her work e-mails from her governorship, they showed some general knowledge and some real insight into the energy industry. But all that went out the window when she got on the ticket.

Its actually kind of weird and I think more a result of bad staff work, at least at first, that got her in so deep.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin 2.0 is the governor of New Mexico, and she and her warehouse-security-guard husband are going to do gangbusters starring in the GOP Token Minstrel Show.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What else is left for Palin but a Playboy spread and a tour of the reality shows?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It would seem odd for the GOP to continue its anti-immigrant stance and then roll out a Ted Cruz-Susana Martinez ticket. But that's the GOP for you.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Works for me.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From your mouth to God's* ears.

*If there were such a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted