1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think the media would actually be more likely to vote for Lynch for SB MVP. Do you want Lynch to be forced to go to the postgame press conference or do you want to see Russell Wilson cry again?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People say this. Mike Golic brought up Eddie Murray. Eddie Murray got in first ballot with 85 percent of the vote. Steve Carlton. Jim Rice, even though he was borderline, is in. Who has been punished because of a media grudge? Dick Allen? Albert Belle? Maybe.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A fair point, I'll concede.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Seems pretty easy to me. :)

[​IMG]

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Is Jim Rice really borderline?

6. Barry Lamar Bonds. Jeff Kent. Mike Piazza.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, he shouldn't have got in.

8. "You ain't gotta score to grab your nuts."

Sums up America nicely.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rice's numbers don't look good in comparison to the players of the juiced ball, small strike zone, bandbox stadium, steroid era, but he was one of the most fearsome players of his time.

I'm going to guess your younger than me, because I don't think he's borderline to most folks my age and older.

10. Jeff Kent had better numbers than Craig Biggio across the board. Biggio got in the Hall. Kent is nowhere close. The media has made their feelings known about many players.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The old he was feared bs.

I'm not sure how old you are but I doubt I'm younger by much. And if he's not borderline to people of your age and older, what took so long to get in?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Only here can a debate about Marshawn Lynch not talking to the media lead to a debate about Jim Rice's Hall of Fame credentials.

LongTimeListener likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted