1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mitt running for president again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 20, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dollars to donuts says Jeb's the nominee.

In fact, I think he'll have it sown up pretty quickly, as the Koch-and-Wall-St. wing of the party flexes control and limits the looney bin wing from flexing its muscles.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm curious who people here think the republicans "want" to run, if it's not Jeb.

I think it's a three horse race. It will be Jeb, Paul or Walker, and Jeb is the overwhelming favorite at this point.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Besides Warren running against Hillary in the primary?

Chris Christie. But I think most republicans don't want a repeat of the traveling clown car that happened in 2012 and will settle for the person who can raise the most money. Even though that person may not be the best candidate.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Chris Christie would be a disaster. I'd love to have a beer with him, but he's a clown and a blowhard. I can't imagine Jeb not winning the nomination unless something surprising happens.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think Clinton would want Jeb as well. He turns Florida into a dogfight (at the very least) but their weaknesses cancel each other out.

No more talk of running another Clinton. And their various family issues mean neither will be eager to broach that particular subject.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Scott Walker?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...doesn't have a college degree. I would think most Americans would think that disqualifies him. But who knows?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

hmm. didnt know that.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's about a semester short of his degree.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Indeed he is. Indeed he is.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

alleged improprieties during a student government election that he lost led him to leave Marquette. Still, you think he would have found time since then to finish up - online or whatever - from somewhere.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, some school will give him credit for life learning or something like that so he'll end up getting his diploma just in time for the election. Think of the optics.

Draft saved Draft deleted