1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Almost as bad is the overexposed and under-funny McCarthy. Did her latest flop not hint at anything for movie execs?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

McCarthy and Wiig have the same problem -- at least Wiig had the problem while on SNL, I don't know if it's the same in her post-SNL movie career -- they end up playing the same character over and over and over again. Different name, different skit, different movie, but always the same fucking annoying character.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Jedediah is freaking hilarious. Also think that Update has found their rhythm, found it very funny tonight.

The first thing I ever saw JK Simmons in was Oz. I have a hard time seeing him as anyone but Schillinger.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been too long since Jebediah appeared.

"If those lyrics were any more juvenile, Michael Jackson would have tried to take naps with them."

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Teacher Snowday will be this year's Twin Bed or Dick in a Box. That was great.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Weekend Update was the best thing. The sketches were weak and generic. Nothing that riffed on Simmons work on Spiderman, Law and Order, Oz, etc.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Elvis has left the building. Why? Was there a sale on capes and quaaludes across the street?"

"What? That joke too old? It was for Michael, too."

"Hall and Oates. The most talented part of that group is the 'and.'"

"She's 'all about that bass, that bass, no talent."

I was rolling.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Madonna: The only thing A-Rod can still hit.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Jebediah Atkinson's are the best. The premise makes no sense, but it is so awesome. "Iggy Azalaea. Wake up and smell the azaleas. YOU'RE WHITE!"

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Counting a one-hour red carpet special, Sunday's SNL 40 celebration will be 4 1/2 HOURS LONG.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

But Eddie Murphy will be back! :D And presumably, everyone else.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gilda Radner won't. Nor Belushi nor Farley nor Hartman.

Draft saved Draft deleted