1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame Finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Guess Pro Bowls count for some but not others.

Abortions for some (yay!). Miniature American flags for others! (yay!)

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Also, the mustache.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm very happy Shields, Bettis and Brown got in... I'm pretty surprised Pace didn't get in, and I'm stunned Haley got in this year. He's the poster child for the kind of player the NFL is trying to avoid celebrating.

I heard Warner was not close.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RB gets very interesting now. LT will soar in on the first ballot, but there's no other lock for a long, long time...

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

75% of the backs in the hall? Not checking the numbers, but that sounds pretty hyperbolic at best, otherwise insane.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Go through the pro bowl rosters and tell me they should be used for judging greatness.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My post simply rebutted another post that mentioned Pro Bowls when I had used Pro Bowls as a metric of sorts for Roger Craig.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, you would actually have to know something about that team other than just the statistics. I get that people were sick of the stories about Bettis that year. I was sick of them and I'm usually not a big believer in intangibles, but that team responded to Bettis. They seemed to believe his leadership was important.

That said, the rushing totals are the primary reason he is in the Hall of Fame.

9. RecoveringJournalist

Where the Pro Bowl factors in is the guys who have never been selected. Jim Plunkett was never selected. Joe Flacco has never been selected. If you've never been considered a top 3 QB in your own conference, and who are we kidding, it's usually top 5 or top 6 since so many skip the game, that matters.

But if you're trying to say making a certain number of Pro Bowls makes you HOF worthy, no way...

10. RecoveringJournalist

All-Pro matters.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Goodell: "So I have to watch Charles Haley go into the Hall of Fame but not Kurt Warner. When will this year of hell end?"

I'm glad Haley is going in. I want to see him whip out that cobra on stage and start doing his thang.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I think Bettis was deserving, but I'm glad he had to wait a lot longer than Martin.

How many RBs do people think will get in during the next decade? LT is a lock. I think Davis will get in eventually. I don't think Craig gets in. Of active guys, I would think Peterson would get in. Lynch is close.

Draft saved Draft deleted