1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DadLife, the Holy - or not so holy - Crap edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Never... Having... Kids

This is the most horrible thing i have ever read. Forget teaching high schoolers about the dangers of unprotected sex, just make them read this.

Dyno likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This thread is full of shit. Literally. And it's awesome.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Or do like my high school did ... show a childbirth video in health class. None of the girls thought about sex for at least a week after that.

Regarding this thread, it makes me glad my kids are teenagers. For everyone fighting the poopy pants/potty training battles, hang in there. It really does get better.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

As glad as I am that my little man is potty trained it is a bit of a sad reminder that I will not have any more babies in the house. My daughter seemed to be a bay for a long time but my little boy seemed to go from newborn to smashing little toehead in the span of 2 months.

If I thought I had the resources and time to make it work I would have loved to have 5 or 6 kids.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm ready for one more kid, but NOT right now.
    Our first is 2 1/2 years older than the second, which was awesome because I haven't had to deal with changing two sets of diapers at once. That would have been the end of me. My buddy had kids 13 months apart (accident) and another friend had them 18 months apart (on purpose). They said your day is nothing but diaper changes.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wait till you get to pay college tuition for two at the same time.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had twins the first go round, then another kid the second go round. Then the third pregnancy produced TRIPLETS. He announced the triplets to us guy friends by email, in which he said he was now in the market for a suburban, as a minivan would not suffice. He also announced that his life was over and that he wouldn't see us again for eighteen years. True story.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It's one of those "depends on which side of the fence you are on". I would have read this before 2012 and used it to confirm why I didn't want kids...then March 11, 2012 I found out I knocked up the wife...so since then, reading stories like these makes me feel like a combat vet just rehashing war stories.
    Yeah, we've seen a lot of shit, but it's out shitty stories and we like 'em! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted