1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"You ain't no presidential appointee. One that hired you is me. You got 30 days."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    old_tony and HejiraHenry like this.
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw Blackhat yesterday. While it was a mess and really not that good at all, it wasn't nearly as awful as everyone said it was. Some nice shots (despite the digital sludge style that Michael Mann continues to insist on using) and a last 40 or so minutes where it all came together.

I'm sure there's a term that someone more clever than me has come up for seeing films like these. You know, the bonus amount of enjoyment between what you'd expected going in and what you actually experienced. Profit-taking?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Big Hero 6

I would place it slightly below The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story and How to Train Your Dragon, but it is still a great, great movie.

I also love that sciences are being pushed to our children, especially in the last 6-7 years. Pretty good theme in the movie as well.

But my daughter loves this movie as much as she loves Frozen, which is high, high praise from her.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

BTW, a company near and dear to my heart and my wallet has a deal for you -- if you watch Big Hero 6 on PPV and you disagree with 93Devil -- you don't like the movie -- you can get your money back.

http://www.reelz.com/riskfree/

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

DVD'd it the other night just so I could watch Brimley steal the show in the last 20 minutes.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

It was not very good.
    ‘Blackhat’ tries to be smart, fails - Stanly News and Press: Opinion

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My kid has recently become enthralled with the Disney Nature films, which has been a fantastic reprieve from a litany of animated movies (I like most of the animated flicks, but it's nice to sometimes enjoy some live action).

These movies are incredibly well done, particularly African Cats. We've also watched Bears and Chimpanzee. They legitimately tell amazing stories of survival, territoriality and family, and the visuals are stunning. I've seen a thousand nature documentaries (Planet Earth remains the standard bearer) and these movies all showed and taught me things about these animals I'd never seen or heard before. I highly recommend them for anyone interested in nature documentaries, anyone with small children and/or those who have a 4k TV.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Gone Girl
    Really wasn't into it for about an hour until shit got crazy.

Birdman
    Keaton was great, but the whole thing was pretentious. I'm not going to feel bad for liking superhero/comic movies. No one is putting a gun to any actor's head to make one. They sure don't mind taking my money. And the constant drumming gave me a headache.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When Harry Met Sally. (again)

Perfectly pitched, perfectly swung at, perfectly connected. Sure, it's schmaltzy at times but it's a love story of the highest order.

And, Meg Ryan was a cutie pie of cutie pies. You make a Top 10 of American movie cuties, and she's on it. Top 5 even.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nightcrawler.

Man, what an intriguing and entertaining movie, featuring Jake Gyllenhaal at his finest.

It reminded me at times of the Tom Cruise/Jamie Foxx movie, Collateral, but otherwise it was fresh and a fun watch.

They left a lot of loose ends. If I ran HBO, I would sign up all envolved and turn it into a series.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I finally saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi...

Very interesting documentary.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You'd have a very hard time finding someone cuter than her when she was in her prime.

Now, she's fucking scary looking and that has less to do with age as it does with having so much work done.

Cute usually ages well. Sally Field is still cute and she's pushing 70.

Draft saved Draft deleted