1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Bill O'Reilly have a Brian Williams problem?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're calling one site a propaganda site as a defense for your propaganda site.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

They don't hand out Pulitzer Prizes for propaganda, champ.

As opposed to your "HumanEvents.com: Powerful Conservative Voices."
    Its Wikipedia site reads like the Tea Party Hall of Fame. #patriots!!!

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Everyone around here seems to have forgotten the waitresses.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Spingsteen's mother was a legal secretary and main breadwinner of the family.
    He went to private Catholic grade school.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We'll have a candlelight vigil for them.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Troy is known as Collar City.

8. Songbird

I'll never forget The Waitresses, bub.

Anyway, another legendary thread that starts with a boof like Bill O'Reilly, makes a wrong toin at Albuquerque, and evokes the silent cries of waitresses.

9. Songbird

Come to find out Patty Donahue -- front girl of The Waitresses -- died at 40.

Wiki: On December 9, 1996, Donahue died of lung cancer at the age of 40 after battling it for almost a year.[2] She had been a heavy smoker most of her adult life. A native of Cleveland, Donahue was interred in the Holy Cross Cemetery, in nearby Brook Park.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the early 1960s when Springsteen went to grade school, Catholic school was dirt cheap. Catholic school tuitions zoomed about 1970, attendance fell way off and large numbers of schools closed.
    Sending kids to Catholic schools in the early 1960s was no indication of the family having money.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are we really going to argue that Springsteen had a hardscrabble upbringing, while O'Reilly was born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea how much Catholic school cost when I was a kid (70s / 80s), but I know the high school (Chaminade) O'Reilly went to. There were kids from my area who went there who came from families that were what we considered "working class." That is not saying anything about Bill O'Reilly or how he grew up. I don't know how well off, or not well off, his family was. I do know where he grew up, though, and his family was not wealthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted