1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robert Flores: ESPN anchor, rap critic

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 2, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's silly because all of ESPN's cross-cultural programming is silly, but within that context, isn't he just voicing an opinion that she sucks? Which she does. So it's fine by me.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is a journalism topic?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I believe it was Flores who was once fired from a TV station in Austin for dropping an F-bomb on the air.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's hardly unprofessional. It's a fairly amusing line. (And I say that as someone who wouldn't know Iggy Azalea if she were sitting in the room with me.)

Honestly, if anything happens to Flores at all, people at ESPN should rise up and fight back. It would be inexcusable.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I agree with PC. I can't imagine anyone outside of Nick and Iggy would be offended by that.

Some people take themselves way too seriously.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't believe Azalea is Young's wife.

7. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

No, she's not. I-G-G-Y is Swaggy P's girlfriend. I think Flores' comment is pretty low on the list of things to be upset at ESPN about. But Young wasn't too thrilled with the joke.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Felt like a totally unwarranted, unprovoked shot for the sake of blowing up the Twitterverse. ESPN anchors are often not as funny as they think they are, looking at you Neil Everett.

That said, I don't really care. I don't even know what an Iggy Azalea is, but I'm sure it would look lovely in my garden.

9. From behind? Yes. An Iggy Azalea would look great in your garden.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

By the way, as you read those Nick Young tweets, remember this: he spent three years as a student at USC.

11. slc10

slc10 Member

Here we have this slug of a guy who calls himself Swaggy Playing on one of the owrst teams in the NBA this season and a chick who is a one hit wonder worried about what a SportsCenter anchor said. I saw the 30/30 program on him years ago. This guy is bad news and is a negative for the NBA.

Draft saved Draft deleted