1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Jackson, MS (Clarion-Ledger)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by steveu, Feb 17, 2015.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Clearly the job as it has existed up to the this point is no longer the job. They're looking for an event planner with mad social media skillz. And hey, you know something about sports? Sweet!

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Zack Creglow will now be the sports content coach in Des Moines/Iowa City:

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good for him. He's from that part of the country, if I'm not mistaken.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wait, so he gets canned by one Gannett paper to be hired by another?

Or was he not canned, and just deemed a bad fit for Jackson, but a good fit for Des Moines?

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, this is just speculation, but this is sort of a promotion upward. DMR is an excellent paper and has more circulation. Maybe this was in the works for a while? (Shrugs)

6. HejiraHenry

Somebody who pays more attention to this than I would says the job description for this opening has been changed since the initial posting. Anybody got a line on that?

7. HejiraHenry

Any news on this front? I hear they're trying to kill the poor bastard who's in the interim position through overwork.

8. boundforboston

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Congrats, Batman. I'm sure you'll do well

11. boundforboston

The planning editor position posted last week or sports editor?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Appreciate that, DeskMonkey, but it's not me. That's why I'm not saying more. Don't want to mess it up for the guy by saying something out of turn, but word is it has been offered and accepted. And considering his job has been posted elsewhere, it seems safe to say that's the case.

BoundforBoston, these jobs are all blurring together. It seems like they've changed the job at least once. The guy said sports editor but the way he described it sounds more like the planning editor.

Draft saved Draft deleted