1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I doubt that. I think AP is going to wind up in Dallas just because it make too much sense for it not to happen. He'll get an extra 1-2 years out of his career playing behind that line.

I just think his contract is too big to trade. I could see Dallas throwing the Vikings a mid-to-late round pick for him if AP agrees to redo his contract. Maybe Jones does that to speed the process along, or maybe he just waits for AP to get cut.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Forget "Where's Waldo?"
    "Where's Marshawn?" is a lot more fun to play.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think you can redo contracts like that. The Vikings trading him has a distinct effect on the salary cap based on what they gave him in bonuses and you can't reassign that money after the fact.

They might be able to find a way to work it out, but I'm pretty sure adjusting the contract isn't part of the equation.

4. RecoveringJournalist

That might be the case, I'm not sure. I thought I read that the Vikings owe AP $13M for next season and $36M over the next three. If that's the case, I really think they're going to be forced to cut him unless they want to get into a colossal pissing match over whether he'll report.

I don't blame him for wanting out of Minnesota. Dallas is a perfect fit for him.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So Cowboy fans are willing to look the other way on child abuse?
    Glad I'm not a Cowboy fan.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They just franchised a serial mom abuser. There's your answer.

7. RecoveringJournalist

If not the Cowboys, the line of the teams who would love to sign AP forms to the left.

8. Don't you all remember the Jerry Jones profile in which he was texting with AP about coming to Dallas? Jones wants AP.
    He would be a good fit with the Cowboys - provided he can still run. He turns 30 in about two weeks.

9. RecoveringJournalist

I don't think AP is going to hit the wall the same way most backs do. Not playing last year certainly doesn't hurt things, but I think AP will be very good for at 2-4 years. I'm not sure I would use him the way Dallas used Murray last year, but I doubt they'd need to.

He can go to his favorite team, one he's dreamed of playing for and one with the best line in the NFL. Absolute no-brainer.

10. RecoveringJournalist

Do people think Marshawn Lynch's latest comments prevent him from returning to Seattle? The people on ESPN and NFL Network seem to think so, but I tend to think Carroll and Schneider will just roll their eyes and write it off as Marshawn being Marshawn.

11. RecoveringJournalist

So much for Randall Cobb taking less money to stay in Green Bay. My money is on him joining the Browns or Raiders.

12. Ric Flair

Ric Flair Member

Draft saved Draft deleted