1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 Americans to watch in MLS 2015

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ruben Rivas, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wish this thread would get locked. And throw away the key.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This is a message board for current and former journalists, Ruben. One of the jobs of a journalist is to not just take someone at their word.

3. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

I have no reason to lie, some people come here trashing soccer, why should I take them serious?

You want respect? Earn it, I dont have to answer to jv bench players.

You want a link? Ask nicely, if you are here to clown around, you will be treated like a clown just like Bayless, Rome and many other trash sport "experts," from espn.

4. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Never, never call me a liar, comprende?

Four-star receiver Drake Davis chooses soccer over football - College Football - SI.com

Four star wide receiver recruit Drake Davis is opting to play soccer this year instead of football, his coach told 247Sports.Fork Union Military Academy (Va.) coach Brian Hurlocker said Davis made his decision in the spring and that he's had to inform inquiring college football coaches that Davis isn't playing football.RICKMAN: Michael Brewer new to Virginia Tech, fameThe 6-foot-2, 212-pound Davis is rated the No. 27 player in the class of 2016 by Rivals.

He has offers from Alabama, Florida State, Miami, Virginia Techand other programs. He is also a Division I prospect in soccer.It's unclear whether Davis is choosing soccer over football for just this year or if he's decided to give up football altogether.Several prominent American soccer players also chose to play soccer over other sports, including goalkeeper Tim Howard, who had scholarship offers in basketball.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Congratulations. You found one example. But that hardly represents the trend you were alluding to.

First off, I never asked for respect. Coming from someone as shortsighted as you, respect doesn't mean a whole lot.

Secondly, you've done nothing to earn respect in your short time on this board. Telling someone else, anyone else, they need to earn it is downright laughable.

6. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

You are a soccer hater anyway so I could care less if you are another Skip Bayless Clown.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

COULDN'T care less. You COULDN'T care less if I am another Skip Bayless Clown.

Best of luck to you, Rubes.

8. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

I dont believe in luck, I believe in hard work, thats how I won my 3 state championships bruh.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

BRUH!!!

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

We'd be impressed, Rubester, but those of us who have been around long enough were privy to a three-time NATIONAL champion:

[​IMG]

Iron_chet likes this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This might be my favorite post on this board in a long, long time.

12. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

National
    You won 3 national championships?

Good for you

Draft saved Draft deleted