1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What (or who) are you tired of?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 6, 2015.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The Kansas Legislature.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Serves your asses right for living way the hell up there.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My friend posted a pic of her in Tampa. She's miserable. Humid and yuck. Line of the day: "I feel like I am in someone's mouth."

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How does she know someone's mouth is hot and humid? That's an odd comparison that probably has a dirty story behind it.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, of course! She was a former co-worker! [/crossthread]

jpetrie18 and HandsomeHarley like this.
  6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It's this sort of nonpolitical, witty banter than I've missed so much on this site. I haven't laughed on SJ.com in forever (except the "Random Images" thread.)

Carry on.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I had to buy sunscreen to cover a softball game today! Sunscreen! California winters used to be so nice and gloomy. ... Sunscreen!

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

keep braggin', jackass (but seriously, you guys hiring?)

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We hit the 80-degree mark on Wednesday afternoon, while simultaneously being under a winter storm warning.
    I left work a little after 5 and it was 78 degrees. I drove to pick up a pizza, a 6-minute trip, and by the time I got there it was 61. Even weirder, I drove back through the front on the way home (a 50-mile commute) and watched the car's ambient temperature reading go back up to 77 by the time I got there.
    The temperature dropped almost 50 degrees overnight. This morning there was snow and ice on the ground.
    Welcome to late winter in the deep south.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I always tell people I can predict the weather here with 90-plus percent accuracy from late May to late September. Other than that, it's anybody's guess. It can be 85 today, 25 tomorrow.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I was in a Winter Storm Watch and Severe Thunderstorm Watch at the same time once last winter. And for the first time in my life, was able to enjoy thundersnow twice in one season.

And juco softball/baseball begins waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too f***ing early.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I agree. Juco starting in January is pretty ridiculous. Preps started last week, which is better but still feels too early

Draft saved Draft deleted