1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Eat your f*cking oatmeal.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I'm a Hackman fan so when The French Connection was on the other day, I watched AGAIN. Later, I noticed he was listed as the headliner in some flick called Narrow Margin. Had never heard of it. Wish that was still the case. Man, it was bad.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Hercules... The Rock version.
    Solid "meh."
    I love mythology movies. I thought this one had potential. The story was intriguing. The action was pretty good. There was a twist, Ian McShane and of course The Rock. But ... it missed. Somehow it missed.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

St. Vincent. I have a hard time believing this movie was worse than the movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. This wasn't a good movie. It was a great movie.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"Margin Call," which I watched months ago and rather enjoyed, is directed by the same guy who did "All Is Lost."

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

If you like Hackman you should check out the 70's movie Night Moves. I remember seeing it in a film studies course and loving it and catching it years later and still loving his performance and the movie.

Bonus feature is an under age Melanie Griffith.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm watching Gravity for about the 10th time and it's just as intense every time. I guess I get why people bag on its believability in terms of physics, but it's just a helluva visual ride. I've suspended disbelief for far lesser films.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

The Way Way Back.

One of the best movies i've seen in a while. I saw a lot of myself in awkward teenage Duncan. Less so in the more self assured version he turned into. But great characters that seemed real. If you were awkward as a teen - and this is a site for journalists, so lets be honest, all of us were - you'll appreciate this film.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Way Way Back is really good, especially when you see the joy in the kid's face when he finally finds a place where he feels okay just being who he is.
    Margin Call is an exceptional movie, so well executed.
    And speaking of Mamet and Hackman, check out Heist.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I was and I did. Got it through Netflix a few months ago and really liked it.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Whiplash. Good lord.

Draft saved Draft deleted