1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That West Virginia player who said Kentucky would be 36-1 should've clarified that he meant that's what the halftime score would be.

By any measure, this was one of the most brutal beatdowns in NCAA Tournament history:
    • West Virginia scored the fewest points ever in a Sweet 16 game
    • The 39-point margin tied an NCAA record for margin of victory in the Sweet 16
    • West Virginia shot 24.1 percent, its lowest in a tournament game in 50 years and ... all together now ... lowest ever in a Sweet 16 game
    • Kentucky is the first team to score twice as many points as its opponent in the regional semifinals or later since 1940, when Indiana defeated Springfield (Massachusetts) 48-24

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I turn on ESPN to watch Sportscenter, maybe see some basketball highlights and I see Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart in some idiotic routine.... click

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

As I recall, that fight was at least competitive, despite the death at the end. Can't say that about this game.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Correct. That was a bad anology.

Mancini/Kim was a damn close toe to toe war for most of the fight, and with Mancini beaten quite bloody himself. This, on the other hand, was over in the first minute.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Creed-Drago.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Guess Huggins blew it. Stupid coaches.

Dyno and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I fell asleep during the West Virginia-Kentucky game. What a debacle.
    You play our balls off against Maryland......lots of people are saying you've got a legitimate shot at beating Kentucky.....and this is what you show up with?
    Ai Carrumba.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Lots of people are stupid.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know if West Virginia had that much to do with it. When Kentucky's on form, they can do that to any team.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I loved the first two games of the night. That really was some beautiful basketball being played.

And for how skilled Wisconsin and Notre Dame are, only the Badgers even have a slight chance against Kentucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted