1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State football

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Marvin, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

Just posted on journalismjobs.com:

PENN STATE FOOTBALL REPORTER The Centre Daily Times seeks a multimedia-savvy reporter with one main mission: to deliver the best Penn State football coverage available. Other duties will include Penn State wrestling, video/photo, and occasional editing and prep sports coverage. The Centre Daily Times has 500,000 unique visitors a month to its website, and its print circulation averages 17,000 daily and 25,000 on Sundays. Requirements for this job include a bachelor's degree, at least two years of professional experience covering sports, and demonstrated digital publishing expertise. The CDT owned by The McClatchy Company, offers a full range of employee benefits for full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, dependent life and long-term care insurances; tax-free flexible spending accounts for health or dependent care; vacation time, holidays and other paid time off. State College, home of Penn State University, is located in the beautiful, mountainous area of central Pennsylvania. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and work samples by the deadline of April 10, 2015 to: Karen Mrsa, HR Director, kmrsa@centredaily.com.

2. tj28

tj28 New Member

This is my old job. Feel free to message me with any questions about this one.

3. Brandon Red

Brandon Red New Member

TJ28, how much emphasis is put on recruiting along with game stories, features, etc.? Is the pay decent for the area? And how is the town itself?

Thanks,

Brandon

4. tj28

tj28 New Member

If you PM me I can tell you more.

5. SteveMcQueen

SteveMcQueen New Member

Anyone hear anything about this one?

6. braven24

braven24 New Member

Heard from the HR director about two weeks ago. Nothing since.

Draft saved Draft deleted