1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First-world problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Durant out for the year is inane?

The definition of inane is exhibition baseball.

Songbird likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, that was the reason.

I understand going away for a couple of minutes to provide an update, and some details about his injury. But they pretty much went away from the entire game and started talking about playoffs impact and stuff. Then they jumped to NFL Live.

Exhibition or regular season, either show the whole game or not. Save the analysis for Sportscenter, or one of the talk shows.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Inane in comparison to other reasons why you stop broadcasting a program to focus solely on a singular topic. For example (if you are ESPN), you break into a broadcast for Kevin Durant, but you return after, say, five minutes at the most but not before teasing to Sports Center. You cancel a broadcast if the president is shot. Durant getting hurt is a big deal because it pretty much ends OKC's hopes to go deep in the playoffs, but people can wait until Sports Center comes on to get their analysis fix. So in that sense, I say it's inane.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with SS on this one. I usually watch MLB exhibitions as background noise, and I wouldn't care too much. But to cut off a game people might have planned to watch to continue fellating the NBA is absurd. Just do a quick breaking news bit, then send it back, directing viewers who give a shit to analysis on another network (preferably whichever one is showing the abominations that are First Take, His & Hers or SportsNation).

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Send in your horse story.
    That should lock it up pretty quick.

7. Songbird

I'm afraid some of the highest minds out there won't get it. God forbid for device, huh?

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Stitch into it how deeply conflicted you were writing the piece, convert the narrative structure to second person, jack it up to 8,000 words and pitch it to some purveyor of longform.

Songbird likes this.
  9. Songbird

I just wanted to walk a 65-year-old dead horse across the finish line for the first time. Wasn't rocket science.

Fucking doinks.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

First-world problem.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I went to the vending machine to get a Coke. A warm one came out. I guess it was just restocked. FUCK!

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I went back to the same machine in need for more caffeine, and selected a Diet Coke. A warm one came out. FUCK! How stupid can I get?

So, an hour later, I decided to get something sugary, so I got a Fanta Orange, and yep, it was warm too. FUCK!

But I proved something. I think the damn machine's refrigerator isn't working. There is no way in hell they had to restock the entire supply of Fanta Orange today, as well as Diet Coke and Coke. No effing way.

Now to go home and have a beer. If my beer turns out to be warm, I will off myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted