1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana Gov. signs "religious freedom" bill into law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So let's say I open a restaurant and hire, oh, David Chang to be the chef and it is going to be a big deal place in Indianapolis.

And it opens and it is a hit.

Under this law, could I have no-Methodists Mondays or ask religious denominations and tell them no Episcopalians?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's the "something" you're deliberately -- and disappointingly -- choosing to not think through.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So how is it different?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So basically the cornpones of Indiana were too fucking dumb to make up a lie. To tell Angela and Stephanie that they couldn't possibly cater their wedding because they are already booked solid that weekend. That there was no way that they could photograph Brice and Charles' wedding because they were going to be out of town that weekend for a cousin's graduation. No, they'd much rather pass a law letting everyone know they're too fucking dumb to make up a lie.

Riptide and Killick like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is there anyone in sports who would have the guts not to show up at Indianspolis next weekend? I'm not saying that any of them should boycott, but is there anyone who would have that kind courage. In any sport?

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Miles from WV. Is he still in the stall?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, it is very convenient when somebody's god hates the same people they do.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No reason to drag Muslims into this.

old_tony likes this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Muslims apparently don't care much for gays either. And yes, I have had that discussion with a Muslim. I guess that proves the President isn't a Muslim as some people seem to think he is, but that's a different subject altogether. With so much in common, I don't understand why evangelical Christians don't like them much.

Since when has homosexuality been one of the more serious sins?

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Baron's stock is rising by the post.

old_tony likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Andrew Luck came out against the law, it would be rescinded in record time.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Something" = "Legal recourse and government protection for people who refuse services to others based on heir religious beliefs."

Hiding behind being "burdened by government" isn't going to work, considering that government makes a spectacle of being guided and inspired by a specific religion in its daily business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.