1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Is that Travis Barker from Blink 182 on the drums? If so, at least there's one person on the stage that I've heard of?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rusev rides in on a Russian tank while the national anthem plays. Somewhere, Nikolai Volkoff smiles.
    Will Cena enter with the surviving cast of "Red Dawn" and yell "Wolverines!"

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Where's Ivan Drago when you need him?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How much do you think Cena's Wrestlemania T-shirt, cap and hat that he flung into the crowd would go for on eBay?

5. mpcincal

"Do you smelll ....?" Well, looks like someone took a redeye from NY early this morning.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One hour to go. Will Wyatt and Undertaker actually make it to the ring before the PPV goes off the air?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That. Was. Awesome.
    Expected, but still awesome and brilliant. Great match between Reigns and Lesnar, too.

8. mpcincal

Man, we really need to see a look at that Money in the Bank rulebook. I understand a guy cashing in after the champ's gotten beat up, but I didn't think a guy could do that in the middle of the match. Still, it'll be interesting to see how Rollins does holding the belt. And he's a full-time guy too.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For real. I was expecting him to waffle one of the guys with the briefcase for the DQ, then clean up Lesnar's carcass.
    In any event, the "anyone but Reigns" philosophy made that a great main event. Reigns got his ass kicked, then ate the pin.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You mean the rulebook that says a guy has to be standing for the match to start, only to be changed when it's the Big Show, only to go back to the original rule? You mean that rulebook?

But on the other hand, it's supposed to be that the holder can challenge for the belt at any time. Hence, my remark during Snow Raw that it would have been great had Rollins whacked Lesnar with the briefcase and won the belt at the headquarters.

Still, awesome booking and they did a great job. For all the bullshit over how bad the writing is, they wrote themselves a really good show.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

That was a damn good card. Loved the open, loved the middle, loved the end. Great call to save the main event. That crowd was fully prepared to send projectile liquid shit into the ring had Reigns won. Glad to see Taker look better than he did last year. Glad to see a grown up's hair cut, too. The walking deadcrows were great. Too bad it was still too light out.

Draft saved Draft deleted