1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 MLB spring training thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Thanks, Obama.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, great. Verlander, who was my "HAHAHAHAHAHAH I'M SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I JUST DRAFTED VERLANDER AND HE'S GOING TO HAVE A GREAT COMEBACK YEAR THAT'S IN YOUR FACE SUCKERS!!!!" pick in my fantasy league, is probably going to need 49 surgeries now. First, Wheeler. Now, Verlander. Maybe the rest of my pitchers will retire, citing health issues.

Fuck this.

Wrong thread.

BDC99 likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why not just be honest and say it's good for business?

They need to address this in the next CBA but if you're the Cubs it's an easy decision.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like the Astros were right after all -- Brady Aiken, the #1 pick who refused the extreme lowball offer and went to the IMG Academy to wait for this year's draft, had TJ surgery. Posted it himself on The Players Tribune.

A Fresh Start | The Players' Tribune

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I gather the people who run Deadspin will never grow up. "Fucked" in a headline?

As if the Internet hasn't done enough damage to journalism.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know, it rolls off the tongue nicely.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This your first time visiting Deadspin?

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, the Cubs went and did it. Addison Russell to the minors, Baez... and Kris Bryant.

You do have to wonder if Boras remembers this at contract time. It's the right business decision, but I gotta agree with others that this service time issue has to go when the next contract comes up. Bryant WAS ready.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So maybe Boras remembers this at contract time. Thing is, if they'd gone the other way he wouldn't give them any kind of discount a year earlier. Fuck Boras. Teams have to do what they have to do. When's the last time a Boras client signed an extension with a team without testing the free-agent market?

Draft saved Draft deleted