1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Dodd interview tantrum

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 29, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's what he did. He said 'no interviews'.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the other way of saying it sounds nicer, and makes it sound like he's giving them credit.

3. poindexter

A guy from the Detroit Sun Times ripped Matthew Stafford for not cheering hard enough for Michigan State. AND he compared Stafford's cheering unfavorably to..... Aaron Rodgers!

Kelly Hall rips newspaper over Matthew Stafford article

Christ on a stick, guys, quit writing about the cheering habits of NFL players at college basketball games.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When the NCAA finally does take away reporters' floor access, which should be soon now, I think they're just going to roll out stories like these one after the other on Twitter. The whole world will be on their side.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Imagine if Rodgers had whined about not being in Dodd's column from a basketball game.

6. poindexter

I am not even sure how to respond to this... Rodgers didn't tell Dodd in a nice enough way that he wasn't getting an interview?

And Alma sorta-kinda implying that Rodgers owed Dodd an interview because Dodd is part of the CBS family?

Someone's taking crazy pills. Hell, maybe its me, because I don't understand half the arguments here.

KYSportsWriter and Vombatus like this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Rodgers should have invited Dodd to a free discount double check, and left it at that.

Songbird likes this.
  8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

WTF is the Detroit Sun Times? Is that one of those Aggrego deals? Why yes, yes it is, if the Wrapports logo in the background of the photos of their SIX "contributors" is any clue: Contributors | Detroit Sun Times

So, no actual trees died to print that, which is a good thing. Just badly-written clickbait aggregation with some hot takes tossed in to liven up the workday.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They struck SEO gold. That's all that counts.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. That kid's probably getting a raise.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Obviously, Aaron Rodgers sucks, but what a non-story this is.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to pump YOU up (clap clap). The best of those commercials, by far.

Did Olivia come on the floor, too, or did A-Rodg have to say, "Wait here?"

Draft saved Draft deleted