1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I wonder how Shelley Fabares looks these days. Uh, well, it's too bad people get old.

shelley fabares - - Yahoo Search Results

2. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Toward the end of the show, Coach and his wife adopted a son.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ah, nice! Thanks for the link. One of the anecdotes that has floated around about the show for years have been one of my favorite "meddling TV executives" stories. One of the "Must See TV" nights had a tie-in with Four Weddings and a Funeral, which the writing staff resisted. So instead, the characters on the show have a funeral for a rat, and an off-screen character who's later revealed to be a KKK member.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Watched the Barney Miller retrospective on Jack Soo this morning. Brought back many good memories. Final shot of the remaining cast raising their coffee cups to Soo was kind of sad, though. Ron Carey, Steve Landesberg and James Gregory have also gone to the 12th precinct in the sky.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Any DirecTV subscribers watching Billy and Billie on the Audience Network? It's my favorite half-hour on all of TV.

Also, I'm quite late to the party, but I haven't laughed at TV as much in a good while as I've laughed at some episodes of Archer.

6. I just started Archer a few weeks ago. I'm through Season 3.
    The wife sticks her head in once in a while with a "What the Fuck are You Watching" look.

7. old_tony

What a total dud of a finale for The Slap.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I get the exact same response. :D

10. old_tony

I was thankful that "The Last Man on Earth" was a rerun Sunday night so I didn't have to watch it. Is that a sign that I'm only hate-watching now?

Draft saved Draft deleted